Toole, UT 84074
- Sports & Recreation,
DescriptionMiller Motorsports Park is a state-of-the-art road racing facility for automobiles, motorcycles and karts located just 35 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City in Tooele, Utah. It is considered the finest facility of its type in North America. Opened in 2006, Miller Motorsports Park hosts many of the world's most significant racing series, including the American Le Mans Series, Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series, NASCAR Grand National West Series, AMA Superbike Championship and, new for 2008, the FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, one of the top three racing series in the world.
In addition to the professional racing series that visit Miller Motorsports Park, the track also has its own locally-based racing series for road racing cars and motorcycles, Supermoto motorcycles and karts (with competitor's ages ranging from five to 65 years old). There is racing taking place almost every weekend between April and October.
The track at Miller Motorsports Park is a 4.5-mile, 40-50 foot wide, 24-turn circuit, the longest in North America. It has four different configurations, ranging from two different 2.2-mile circuits (East and West Courses) to the 3.08-mile Perimeter Course and the 4.5-mile Full Course. The 3500-foot main straightaway allows the fastest cars and motorcycles to approach 200 mph before braking for Turn 1. The 511-acre facility also boasts a 0.9-mile paved karting circuit, one of the finest in the country, with 20 different configurations available.
Miller Motorsports Park offers something for almost every motorsports enthusiast. There are rental karts available for young and old. The Performance Training Center offers classes in auto racing, high-performance driving, karting and Supermoto, plus a Teen Driving Academy, Highway Survival School and Winter Driving Academy. The Larry H. Miller Museum is home to some of the world's most significant racing cars, specializing in cars associated with the legendary Carroll Shelby. The Race Fanzz retail store offers clothing, souvenirs, collectibles and gift certificates. The track also holds open track days during which individuals can drive their car on the track after a brief orientation course, and has a multi-level Club Membership Program that offers exclusive access and amenities.
1. Drive west on Interstate 80 for approximately 26.5 miles.
2. Take Exit 99 (Highway 36) and drive approximately 3.2 miles.
3. Turn right on Highway 138 and drive approximately 4.8 miles.
4. Turn left on Sheep Lane and drive about 2 miles.
From West Valley City:
1. Merge west on UT-201 (2100 So.) towards Magna.
2. Merge onto Interstate 80 west.
3. Merge onto UT-36 via Exit 99 towards Stansbury/Tooele/Grantsville.
4. Turn right onto UT-138 west.
5. Turn left onto Sheep Lane.
1. Merge east on Interstate 80 towards Salt Lake City.
2. Take Exit 84 towards Grantsville.
3. Turn right onto Highway 138/ East Main St. (through Grantsville)
4. Turn right onto Sheep Lane.